St Mark's Church Hall
The main hall and small hall may be hired at competitive rates from the Hall Bookings Manager - Mr. Frank Sizer 01202 893382.St Mark's Church Hall, 250 New Rd, Ferndown, BH22 8EW
Originally built as a dual purpose building for worship and social life on a site given by Lady Wimborne, the hall-church was dedicated by the Right Rev. Maurice Keys, Bishop of Sherborne on St. Mark's Day- 25 April 1957. Nineteen years later on St. Mark's Day the new church was dedicated by the Right Rev. Victor Pike, Bishop of Sherborne and the hall then became the focus for the wider pastoral and social needs of the parish.
Today the hall complex consists of the main hall, incorporating a stage complete with sound system, full gas central heating and a fully equipped kitchen with serving hatch. Tables and chairs are stored in the annexe which houses storage cupboards for regular users and is accessed via sliding doors. The main entrance is via double doors into the foyer which houses male and female toilets plus a full width disabled toilet sufficient for wheelchair access including an alarm.
The small hall is accessed via three steps (a ramp is available for wheelchair access) and has electric wall heaters. Children's tables and chairs are kept in here.
The whole site, church, hall and car park is a no smoking area and whilst such pastimes as Bridge are welcomed, gambling is not permitted. A comprehensive health and safety policy is in place. Fire extinguishers, gas and electric services are regularly inspected in compliance with legal requirements and guidelines. There is onsite parking, sufficient for 43 light vehicles, including 3 disabled parking bays.
Regular events in the Hall
- Studio One (morning) - Mrs D Booth 01202 890707
- Line Dancing (evening) - Mrs Linda Brooks 01202 522382
- Babes & Toddlers (10am - 11.30am term time) - Rector & Frank Sizer 01202 893382
- Pear Tree Fellowship (2nd Tue afternoon) - Mrs J Waugh Kay Wilson 01202 870667
- Slimming World (morning) - Mrs Z Kemp 07964 887581
- Ferndown South & West Parley Neighbourhood Watch (Occasional) - Mrs G Schollar (sec) 01202 875457
- Shuko-Kai Ryu Karate - (evening) - Mr S Tompkins 01425 470054
- Dru Yoga (morning) - Mrs C McLaughlin 01202 777622
- Pure Gold Fitness (afternoon) - Mrs A Davies
- Wessex Accordion Band (evening) - Mr D Luffingham 01258 473254
- Toddler Sense (morning) - Mrs N Dutt 07771 825159
- Art Class (morning) - Aldo Galli 02380 336784
- Tai-Chi Assn (morning) - Mr M Young 07710 141771
- R & L Sequence Dance (2nd and 4th evenings) - Mrs L Boaden 01202 578190