8 June 2011
New plans for the Dormy Hotel
New plans have been produced for the site of the former Dormy Hotel in Ferndown. The main amendments to the scheme are as follows:
- The Care Home has been reduced in footprint by about a third and now has a basement.
- The EMI block has been reduced in height from 4 storey to 2.5 storeys with basement.
- The Sheltered block has been moved further from the side boundary and from trees to its rear and reduced in bulk and height.
- The Hotel has been reduced to 74 Bed hotel. The 4th storey wing at the rear reduced to 3 storey and two towers reduced to 3 storeys.
- Minor changes to the houses, several dormer windows removed to reduce bulk and layout adjusted to improved landscape and access.
The main changes are shown on the layout plan. The floor plans and elevations of the Care Home, Sheltered Block, EMI block, Hotel and Houses show the changes to each. For information the number of bedrooms in each block are written on each floor plan. There is a copy of this at Planning Reception with the plans to assist the public.