New plans for the Dormy Hotel
8 June 2011
New plans have been produced for the site of the former Dormy Hotel in Ferndown. The main amendments to the scheme are as follows:
- The Care Home has been reduced in footprint by about a third and now has a basement.
- The EMI block has been reduced in height from 4 storey to 2.5 storeys with basement.
- The Sheltered block has been moved further from the side boundary and from trees to its rear and reduced in bulk and height.
- The Hotel has been reduced to 74 Bed hotel. The 4th storey wing at the rear reduced to 3 storey and two towers reduced to 3 storeys.
- Minor changes to the houses, several dormer windows removed to reduce bulk and layout adjusted to improved landscape and access.
The main changes are shown on the layout plan. The floor plans and elevations of the Care Home, Sheltered Block, EMI block, Hotel and Houses show the changes to each. For information the number of bedrooms in each block are written on each floor plan. There is a copy of this at Planning Reception with the plans to assist the public.
To view online, please click here
Residents oppose scrapyard plans
Residents in a quiet road in West Parley are urging ramblers, horse riders and cyclists to join them in opposing a planning application for a scrapyard in their road.
The planning application was submitted to East Dorset District Council in the Summer and attracted numerous objections from residents and horse riders but was withdrawn. Full details of the application are on the dorsetforyou web site – Dorset County Council Ref 3/17/2480. The County Council have asked that previous objectors resubmit their objections to them under the new application number. . more
every Wednesday from 10am - 12 noon at the Parley Sports and Social Club. All residents and friends will be made very welcome.
West Parley Official Guide
The new Parish Guide is ready. . have a look!
You might also want this local map.
learn all about West Parley's history as you walk, it is well researched and informative. . more
Parley Health Walks
every Wednesday 10am from the Parley Sports and Social Club, followed by coffee and biscuits! Lets get healthy and have some fun.
There's plenty going on in West Parley - click here for the latest.
to be updated(now and again but not daily!) on important news and events affecting West Parley.
Wed 6th December 2017, 7.30pm
MS Centre, Church Lane
Wed 20th December 2017, 7.30pm
MS Centre, Church Lane
Agendas / Minutes
Parish Council update for June 2017
Neighbourhood Watch newsletter for June 2017